MICHAEL GONICK REALTOR- Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate.



Homes not selling unless they are foreclosures?

Not true.

I just sold a beautiful 2 bedroom home in Thornton Park for $515,000 that closed last Friday. I represented both sides of the transaction. The home was my listing, and I marketed and found the buyers who ultimately purchased the property. This was not a short sale or a foreclosure. The home was on the market over 600 days with a number of different Realtors prior to me....I listed the home and got it under contract in 69 days.


Now May be the Best Time to Sell Your Home

Why?

  • Even considering significant price decreases in some markets over the past 18 months, a home purchased several years ago could very likely sell for a profit today.
  • While your selling price might be less than anticipated, you very likely can compensate for that on the buying side of the equation in today's market. There are still great deals out there, and interest rates are still hovering around all time lows. Remember, when the market turns...and it will...you may be able to get an outstanding price for your home, but if you will be purchasing another home you will be on the other side of the transaction. You will be scrambling, and probably will be forced to pay a premium for property under those market conditions.
  • I would remind you of this- While short-term market conditions can fluctuate, housing continues to represent a strong ling-term investment. Since the start of real estate record keeping in 1968, national median existing-home prices rose every year until 2006 - a period that included early recessions and sales decline.
  • The market is experiencing a major decline in available home inventory- as short sales and foreclosed properties continue to disappear.


It all comes down to this. Homes are selling. The Realtors who are selling homes in this challenging market are doing more than just posting their listing on the MLS, putting a sign on a yard and hoping for the best.
I made this particular sale happen for both buyer and seller by working with the appraiser to explain the value of this property, by utilizing many different media to get the word out to everyone and targeting a very specific set of buyers that would be interested in a home like this. These are just a few of the reasons I was able to sell 27 James Avenue in such a short time, and to get accomplished what the Realtors who had this listing before me--- could not.

If you are considering putting your home on the market, I would welcome the opportunity to evaluate your home and give you my opinions, thoughts and suggestions.....all for free. Just get in touch and I will try to help you anyway I can.

Comments

Leave a Reply